The human BRAIN has amazed and baffled people throughout the ages...Some scientists and doctor have devoted their entire lives to learning how the brain works....we, as a students also know a bit about brain....but what we do know is that it's the organ that makes us human, giving people the capacity for art, language, moral judgments, and rational thought. It's also responsible for each individual's personality, memories, movements, and how we sense the world.
well.......as we all know...brain is one of the most interesting and complex part in human....here is interesting fact about our human brain....
1. Your brain uses 20% of your body's energy, but it makes up only 2% of your body's weight. Your skin weighs twice as much as your brain.
2. Your cerebral cortex is about as thick as a tongue depressor. It grows thicker as you learn and use it.
3. Your brain is about 1300-1400 cubic centimeters in volume, about the size of a cantaloupe and wrinkled like a walnut.
4. The brain feels like a ripe avocado and looks pink because of the blood flowing through it.
5. Your brain generates 25 watts of power while you're awake---enough to illuminate a light bulb.
6. A newborn baby's brain grows almost 3 times in course of first year.
7. Humans have the most complex brain of any animal on earth. (so..that make us different from animal.)
8. Your brain is divided into two sides. The left side of your brain controls the right side of your body; and, the right side of your brain controls the left side of your body.
9. Toxins in commonplace items such as carpeting and shower curtains may be contributing to memory loss over time?
10. Overexposure to aluminum compounds—in foil, cookware, deodorants, antacids, toothpaste—can affect brain function
11. Lavender can help you sleep
12. A cooked potato can jump-start your brain when you're feeling foggy.
13. The essential oil of jasmine can quickly restore mental alertness
14. Eating foods rich in vitamin E, beta-carotene, and vitamin C may help lower your risk of Alzheimer's disease.
15. Certain prescription and nonprescription drugs may dramatically affect your ability to concentrate.
16. The brain is made up of about 75% water.
17. There are no pain receptors in the brain, so the brain can feel no pain..(but your body can...)
18. Humans continue to make new neurons throughout life in response to mental activity.
19. It is thought that a yawn works to send more oxygen to the brain, therefore working to cool it down and wake it up.
20. The next time you get a fever, keep in mind that the highest human body temperature ever recorded was 115.7 degrees–and the man survived.
21. You can’t tickle yourself because your brain distinguished between unexpected external touch and your own touch.
22. Scientists have discovered that men and women’s brains react differently to pain, which explains why they may perceive or discuss pain differently.
23. Women tend to take longer to make a decision, but are more likely to stick with the decision, compared to men, who are more likely to change their mind after making a decision.. (hah!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
24. Some studies indicate that while some people are naturally more active, others are naturally more inactive, which may explain why getting out and exercising is more difficult for some. (well....someone like me??hahaa..)
25. Laughing at a joke is no simple task as it requires activity in five different areas of the brain.
for more info abot Brain??
go for this wab....